Friday, January 15, 2010

Tip for manicure or pedicure?

I never tip when I have this done??????? Am I supposed to tip? If so, how much do I tip? I do not want to be rude, I guess I never thought about tipping someone for this...Tip for manicure or pedicure?
you arent being rude. I do tip, but only a couple bucks for a mani and pedi.


I really have a hard time understanding why now a days we have to tip for every little thing.


A tip for a manicure or pedicure should mean you want to give them something additional for the job they did. I mean you're already paying for the service...Tip for manicure or pedicure?
It's always been known that a patron would tip a cosmetologist, and doing nails and pedicures comes from that same kind of training so yes a tip is not mandatory but is suggested. I know i've tipped a lot over the years and no one has been any friendlier from my doing so, maybe they've just come to expect it. If you're in a restaurant you'd know that the waiters/waitresses are paid on either all commission or commission plus, but I don't know how they work it these days in cosmetology, probably the same. The main thing to know is that you ';never'; tip the owner.
In the United States, tipping is standard for manicures. I found several websites that list the customary tip for several services, including this one: http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/t鈥?/a>





I would guess that your manicurist is not particularly friendly with you, nor happy to see you. To your credit, you say you didn't know any better... but now that you do, do tip!
i usually tip like $5 or somethin. but i can't really afford 2 tip now, so i don't go... but keep in mind, its not like its free, u are already paying them, so if you choose not to tip them its not a bad thing its not 'taboo', its just that u choose to keep the money to buy a chocolate or somethin.
Well, you didn't know. Now you do, so tip from now on.





I figure if I cannot afford the tip, I cannot afford the service. This goes for haircuts, manicures, pedicures and restaurant meals.
Yes, of course you would tip. People touch and rub your feet, I think they should get at least a little money. Probably around 10% - 20%. However you feel that they did. If they did a great job then you would tip more, of course :)
Yes, you tip 20%. Shame on you.
Yes, tip 15-20% depending on how well you liked the result.
yea you should tip based on the job they did
i'm guilty too. never thought of it before, but i should.
What a tick ! .....i mean tip

No comments:

Post a Comment