Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I feel really bad about my manicure.?

I had a manicure done almost an hour ago. The beautician was really nice %26amp; chatty. I did not pay there %26amp; then because it had already been paid on the phone by somebody else. My father came %26amp; picked me up afterwards. I just realised that some people think its really rude not to give a tip. I feel really bad for forgetting to give her a tip. But to me, it's her job so why should I give a tip?I feel really bad about my manicure.?
I'm a little torn about tipping manicurist and hairdressers (and my daughter is a hairdresser). On the one hand I know most of them expect a tip, but on the other hand we have created a whole generation of folks that expect to be tipped for doing, as you said, their jobs, therefor putting the consumers in a bit of a bind. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, but I would be leery of going back to her. That's sad to say, but it's an unfortunate reality...I feel really bad about my manicure.?
yeah it is really rude not to give a tip. those persons work off of tips. they recieve a low salary so the tips compensate them. anyone in the hospitality industry deserves a tip.
Well if she did a good job, then the next time you go you can leave a bigger tip.
They are sharks. Manicures and pedicures are so expensive in themselves. why tip them?
I suppose it depends on the country.


In Australia people are paid wages and penalty rates, and it is not customary to tip.
You again? I told you you make no sense with your contradiction. At least change the question around.
a tip is appropriate, let me guess you are a teenager??? well let me say that you are rude. but you can learn from the experience.. your guilty question here tells you i am right... next time take 5 singles with you. give depending on the service. crappy manicure, give a dollar.. great manicure , give 5.....
cus its just what you do because they get a small salery. Just don't go back there!
No Its not compulsary to give tip to every one %26amp; for every act ,





you have paid off all the charges for her service , but if her service extraordinary mean she had done it in best way %26amp; you are feeling happy then you can pay her tip , in case you you forget to pay tip its not yours fault %26amp; the people who think so that its rude not to pay tip its wrong , do not concentrate on such issues , be you %26amp; follow yours ideas
don't worry about it. yes, maybe it would have been nice to tip her but i have made a lot of similarly stupid mistakes and i know how you feel. she will get lots of tips from other people and it's in the past now so try to put it behind you. if you really feel bad, go back and give her a tip. but i don't really think that's necessary if you can accept that you might have made a mistake and then move on. Good luck
Its the same thing as being a waitress....its their job to serve you food and make sure you're happy with what you get...do you not tip them either? Yes you should have tipped the girl who did your nails...if you forgot to then don't worry about it now....but if you go back to that place again make sure you tip the girl or guy who does your nails...maybe if the person who did it this time around is there also give him/her a buck or two and say hey I'm sorry about last time I totally forgot.
just don't go back to her again

No comments:

Post a Comment