Thursday, January 14, 2010

I work in the beauty industry can i declare facials and manicures on tax?

as my question says i work in the beauty industry its important i look good everyday


so i was wondering if i could declare my mani's and facials and laser and stuff on my tax return?I work in the beauty industry can i declare facials and manicures on tax?
If you can provide a link between these expenses and earning your income, then you can include them as a tax deduction. To support such a claim you would need to prove that these expenses were incurred in order for you to carry out your job effectively ie. there is something in your employment contract requiring you to maintain your appearance to a specific level etc. Just 'having to look good' probably wouldn't be considered a sufficient link, however its your call at the end of the day. Of course you only have to prove the deductions if the ATO investigate your tax affairs.I work in the beauty industry can i declare facials and manicures on tax?
No. This is a private expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment