Friday, January 15, 2010

I want to give myself a manicure....what are the steps?

Please help me! I am clueless when it comes to nails!!I want to give myself a manicure....what are the steps?
go to the parlorI want to give myself a manicure....what are the steps?
To start, make sure you have a sharp pair of nail clippers or nail scisors if they are easier. Nail clippers you can buy at any drug store but you might have to go to a beauty store for nail scisors. Use nail polish remover (non acetone) and cotton pads or rolled up toilet paper to remove any nail polish you already have on. Then dry your nails and if they are too long or just in really bad shape clip them. You can file them if you like but filing has never really worked for me. When you paint them, first put down a layer of clear and let it dry completely. When you are picking a color, keep in mind that for short nails light colors are more flattering. If you decide to you a dark color, also keep in mind that mistakes and chips will show up more easily. Start by painting a stripe along the middle of you nail, then a stipe on each side. If you mess up, remove the polish with a Q-Tip or even a toothpick for really fine work dipped in nail polish remover. When the color drys, paint on at least another coat of clear. Nail polish takes only a few minutes to dry but for the next 15 minutes or so after you have painted your nails indents of what you touch can be inprinted on the nail polish. You can either leave your hands to dry for about half an hour or I've read you can soak them in ice water for a few minutes after they are dry. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment