Monday, January 18, 2010

Acrylic nail fillins show through my french manicure.?

I have been getting acrylic fill ins for about 3 mths now. I like getting my nails french manicured/airbrushed but notice now that you can see all the fill ins and repairs that have been done over time. This is very noticeable on the nail and makes the french manicure look bad.





I was wondering if fillins look this bad when using gel nails too? Ive been considering having the acrylic taken off and going with gel if it would look better and not leave fill in marks.


My own nails are very long (no need for tips etc). I basically got the acrylic done because my own nails kept splitting and breaking.Acrylic nail fillins show through my french manicure.?
Acrylic and gel are very similar, but in my experience a set of acrylic nails that are done professionally should not have any evidence of back fills. I have been doing acrylics for well over a year and when a set have been repaired they look like new.Acrylic nail fillins show through my french manicure.?
Acrylic is stronger than gel, but I like gel better because to me it looks better. If you go to gel, make sure it is really gel. If the person doing your nails, takes their brush %26amp; dips in liquid then powder, I don't care what they say, it's acrylic. Gel looks like gel, hence the name. Some nail techs will do acrylics with a gel overlay %26amp; charge you for gels.





Oh, make sure they are using the same product each time you get your nails done. Even though acrylic is acrylic, different products have different recipes to make their polymer for their acrylic product.

No comments:

Post a Comment