Monday, January 18, 2010

Are manicures and pedicures unhygenic and unsanitary or does it depend on the saloon you go to?

I heard they are dangerous and that you can get various funguses, but the woman who does my nails keeps using alchohal to dissinfect her tools. Is that enough?Are manicures and pedicures unhygenic and unsanitary or does it depend on the saloon you go to?
Eh, that might work out, but it is not always the best. WIth things like tatoos or any doctor visit, they use new tools on every person, not just try to wash off someone's fungus. However, you should be alright, perhaps ask her more about it next time you are in.Are manicures and pedicures unhygenic and unsanitary or does it depend on the saloon you go to?
You could expect them to use alcohol at a saloon since that is what they serve. However, a salon should be using a hospital grade disinfectant, such as Barbicide. These would kill any fungus, bacteria and virus much more reliably than alcohol (which can rust the tools).

Report Abuse



There are salons that are sloppy about sanitation and those that are meticulous. It's up to you to find out.

Report Abuse



Depends on how clean the salon is...
bring your own tools
DONT THEY LIKE WASH YOUR FEET?
Some salons are dirty. I've been going to the same place for 4 years and have never had a problem.
i would suggest that you just do your own manicures and pedicures because they use the same tools on everybody and i doubt that alchohal will work that well.
I am a haistylist and I would NEVER get a pedicure or manicure at a nail or hair shop.I have worked with people and I know they dont follow sanitation rules.I'M way more sanitary and I dont cut on peoples skin.
I have found that most ';SALOONS'; you go to are full of unhygenic and unsanitary cowboys. Did you ever notice the dust on the floor. They also spit alot.
I saw a creepy expose on tv. They change the water but not the filters after each client. There was a disgusting buildup of dead skin and dirt. Yecchh. I would never go to any but the most expensive and I would ask them to show me the machine had been cleaned thoroughly. Someone I know was badly cut getting a pedicure. Don't know about the alcohol. They should probably be bleached or sterilised like medical equipment because of HIV.
I go to salons to get my nails done not saloons take your own equipment
They are dangerous. Alcohol does not kill all of the bacteria, and in order to get rid of everything, the instruments would have to be sterilized in an autoclave, which can take up to four hours. Even soaking in a disinfectant solution is not enough, because they usually don't leave the instruments in long enough. Especially if you get your cuticles trimmed with scissors, you are really putting yourself at risk for infection by getting a manicure or pedicure at a salon. Save the money and do it yourself...
they can be dangerous it just depends on which salon. As long as they are being cleaned and disinfected you are fine
you go to a SALOON to get your nails done?? i would be concerned....
yes some are like that. i had my nails done and got a fungus and it took my nails forever to grow back they way they were. it hurt and it was yellow and my nails were thin as paper so NEVER AGAIN.
definately depends on the place you go to get it done, but they ae over all pretty good for you.
I didn't know you could get them in saloons!!! WOW, drinks, manicures, pedicures.....I need to go there!








If you mean salon, I have never had any problems. As long as you see the tool they use come out of alcohol, you should be fine.
It depends on the salon. Take your own set if you want to feel safer.
I think it depends on the salon. Some people take the easy way out and don't sanitize the instruments correctly, this can cause serious health problems, including fungus, hepatitis, aides, staph infections and many others. personally I don't chance it. I do my own manicures. A friend goes to a salon that has boxes to keep the tools in and they are used only for that customer, each customer has their own. this sounds like the safest way to me.
It all depends on the salon. But, to be on the safe side, you could bring your own tools. That's what I would do,and she can't say no because she wants to get paid.
Ask the last Korean who did your nails. You'll get an honest answer.
It depend on where you go but it sounds like they do clean the tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment